The Scout Association have been working with young people and leaders over the past few years to update the programme of activities available in Scouting. This work is now complete and updates to the Beaver, Cub, Scout and Explorer sectional programmes are now fully available.
The key updates to the programme, badges and awards should be simpler to understand and more accessible to all. A summary of the updates includes:
- Badges and Awards – content and design
- Programme Themes – Outdoor & Adventure, World, Skills
- Resources – all completely new to match the updated programme
- Section Branding – bringing all the section brands under the Scouting brand
The key themes that are embedded in the programme are:
- Outdoor and Adventure should form 50% of the programme
- Programmes will be shaped by young people in partnership with adults
- There will be a focus on teamwork and leadership skills
- Individual personal development and individual challenges will be promoted
- Community focus will be a core theme
- Progression through the sections remains a key aspect
- All young people to strive and have the opportunity to achieve the top award for the section
Click on one of the following links to find out more about the new programme for each Section.