Uniform – we always travel to and from Meggernie in uniform
- Sleeping Bag.
- Carry mat.
- Wash kit and towel.
- At least 3 complete changes of clothing ( as well as uniform).
- It can be cold and wet on the hills and around the centre. You need a full set of clothes for each day and a set to wear in the centre in the evening.
- Warm trousers for on the hills (not jeans, jeans should not be brought for any time over the weekend).
- Warm jumper or sweatshirt.
- Fleece jacket.
- Boots (NOT TRAINERS).
- 2 sets of boot socks (at least) + other socks for wearing with trainers around the centre.
- Trainers (for around the centre).
- Waterproof jacket and trousers.
- Waterproof Gaiters (if you have them).
- Warm hat & gloves.
- Water bottle .
Please read the kit list, we will have a wide game on Saturday night, be up the hills in snow (hopefully) on sat, so you will need those changes of clothes. If anyone is short of kit please make sure a leader knows before we set off so that if necc items can be sourced.
Mp3 players and mobile phones. We do mind them being used whilst travelling as long as earphones are used, but they are not to be used at Meggernie unless authorised by leaders. Anyone caught using phones or mp3 Players on speaker will have it confiscated until we return to Troon. There is no mobile phone signal at Meggernie.
Small rucsack or daysack for up the hills. It is best to pack clothes for the weekend in a holdall or other such bag as this makes it easier to access kit within, and easier and more efficient to load into the trailer. Please note bags with things tied to the outside of bags may well have them removed for packing in the trailer as they make it difficult to load.
Please note there is no need to bring swiss army knives etc to this camp, so please leave them at home.
In an emergency we can be contacted through the Warden 01887 866231
Any other questions please do not hesitate to contact the leader team
If anyone is unsure where Meggernie is please follow the link below to the Meggernie Scout Centre web site.